Round 2 of the Small Business COVID-19 Adaption Grant Program opens 1 July 2020!
Great news, the second round of the Small Business COVID-19 Adaption Grant Program been extended by The Queensland Government.
So, if you’ve been looking to get some one-to-one Facebook Training with Desré, access her online Facebook Marketing and Management video training course or indeed get some professional Facebook Marketing or Management for your business, the Queensland Government is offering to foot the bill for you!
The available grant amount is a minimum of $2,000 and up to a maximum of $10,000 per eligible small or micro business.
But what happened to Round 1?
If you have submitted a round 1 application but haven’t heard back yet, you are eligible to apply for round 2.
If you have not yet heard anything further, applications are still being processed and they will be in touch to notify you if you have been successful or unsuccessful.
Successful applicants from round 1 of this program cannot apply for funding under round 2.
What will be funded?
In recognition of the significant impacts of COVID-19 on small businesses, the funding can be used towards the following:
• financial, legal or other professional advice to support business sustainability and diversification
• continuing to meet business operational costs including utilities, council rates, rent, telecommunication charges, insurance fees, licensing or franchise fees
• strategic planning, financial counselling or business coaching aligned to business development and diversification
• building the business through marketing and communications activities (e.g. content development – web pages, mobile apps, visual and audio media etc.)
• digital/technological strategy development
• digital training or re-training and up-skilling employees to adapt to new business models
• capital costs associated with meeting COVID-19 safety requirements
• specialised digital equipment or business specific software to move business operations online (e.g. logistics program for online ordering).
Regional and SEQ funding available
The program is available to eligible businesses throughout Queensland. For round 2, funding is being equally divided between regional Queensland and South East Queensland (SEQ).
South East Queensland businesses
When applying for round 2, you are a South East Queensland (SEQ) business if your principal place of business is located in 1 of the following local government areas:
• Brisbane City Council
• City of Gold Coast
• Ipswich City Council
• Lockyer Valley Regional Council
• Logan City Council
• Moreton Bay Regional Council
• Noosa Shire Council
• Redlands City Council
• Scenic Rim Regional Council
• Somerset Regional Council
• Sunshine Coast Council
• Toowoomba Regional Council
You are a ‘regional business’ if your principal place of business is any other local government areas within Queensland that is not identified as a SEQ location.
Need help with your application?
If you are looking to apply for the grant for any of our services, call us now on 1300 306 109 and tell us what services you wish to include. We have prepared relevant details and pricing required in support of your application.
For more information check out: https://www.business.qld.gov.au/starting-business/advice-support/grants/adaption