Video Posts on Facebook
By now you’ve probably heard the saying “Video is King on Facebook”. Is it true? Yes and no, it all depends on how you use it.
For example, if you’re looking to use video views at the top of your funnel to create an audience, don’t bother. However, if you wanted to use it as part of a conversion campaign, then holy moly, yes!
If you’re looking to start using video posts on Facebook, you’ll probably have a few questions about the best way to go about it. The most common questions we get include;
What video file types can you upload?
What’s the minimum resolution you should use?
How many characters should you aim for in the primary text?
What’s the maximum file size you can upload?
The answers are all below. Check out the complete recommendations and requirements of a Facebook post (as of March 2021).
• File type: MP4, MOV or GIF
• Ratio: 4:5
• Video settings: H.264 compression, square pixels, fixed frame rate, progressive scan and stereo AAC audio compression at 128 kbps+
• Resolution: At least 1080 x 1080 pixels
• Video captions: Optional, but recommended
• Video sound: Optional, but recommended
Videos should not contain edit lists or special boxes in file containers.
• Primary text: 125 characters
• Headline: 40 characters
• Description: 30 characters
• Video duration: 1 second to 241 minutes
• Maximum file size: 4 GB
• Minimum width: 120 pixels
• Minimum height: 120 pixels
With some objectives, you can use 360 video posts on Facebook (as long as you have the right camera for the job). When people see this type of ad, they can turn their device or drag their finger to move around within the video and explore every angle.